Here is What is Happening in Your State
- Liz Welter, Marshfield man charged in sex assault of child, News-Herald Media (10/25/2014) - Brave survivor--reminder that child predators do not quit in middle age
- [VIDEO] The Epidemic of Sexual Abuse in Our Schools, A conference co-sponsored by NYU’s Journalism Institute and Law School, held on October 21, 2014 (10/22/2014) - A conference co-sponsored by NYU's Journalism Institute and Law School, held on October 21, 2014
- Nathaly Pesantez, Responses to sexual assault analyzed, NYU Washington Square News (10/22/2014) - A panel of law enforcement professionals and advocates, featuring Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney of New York’s 12th district, addressed the issue of sexual assault on college campuses during an NYU Law-sponsored panel on Oct. 21 at the Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute.
- Mary Murphy, Orthodox Jewish rape survivor buried by community that shunned him, New York’s PIX11/WPIX-TV (10/20/2014) - May his message of justice for victims be heard by all despite his tragic death
- Josh Katzowitz, Former stripper’s sexual assault lawsuit against Jerry Jones dismissed, CBS Sports (10/19/2014) - Soon after some racy pictures of Cowboys owner Jerry Jones were released this summer, he was accused of sexual assault from an incident in June 2009. Jones’ attorney, Levi McCathern, called the allegations “completely false” and said the lawsuit was a “money grab,” and now, a month after the allegations surfaced, the lawsuit has been dismissed, according to the Dallas […]